Saturday, January 31, 2009

Team In Training



I have been thinking about running with Team in Training for some time now. My buddy John ran with Team In Training last year for the LLS and raised over $5,000. He ran his first marathon at Lake Placid. John has become an avid runner and has encouraged me to do the same.

I attended a Team In Training meeting and after while talking w/another friend, Tom, down in PA, I discovered that his sister Jane has myeloma cancer. I knew she was sick and received a kidney transplant, but I did not realize what her actual diagnosis was until this recent conversation. Tom told me that I had to do this. He said, "Having my best friend run a marathon for my sister would touch my heart." At that moment I made the commitment to run. I drove to the LLS office and submitted my paperwork.

Now, I will begin training for the San Diego Rock N Roll marathon. I must raise over $4,000 to meet my goal to run. I hope to get my web site up and running from the LLS to begin fundraising asap because time is short. If anyone has ideas or would like to help, please send me an email or make a comment on this page to let me know. My email is oilcanboyd86@gmail.com. Any help would be greatly appreciated; I have had several people in my life who have had cancer and now two who have suffered and persevered with some form of blood cancer. I am just a conduit for all of us to help our family and friends beat cancer. Who knows, this money we send in could help us one day. No one who has cancer ever thought it would happen to them, so lets make a difference.

Ask your human resources dept. about a corporate match, It is a phone call or an email. Thank you.

See You on the Road.

No comments: