Friday, November 21, 2014

My Surly Long Haul Trucker


Today was an exciting day.  I finally went to The Bikery in Baldwinsville and picked up my Surly LHT.  Mark, unfortunately had to order the fenders since the fenders in the store did not fit properly.  But, I did get to ride this gem of a touring bicycle home after Mark installed clipless SPD pedals.

As you can see, its a green LHT.  No other store had this green available since it is an out of stock color; i believe its a 2012 model.  The 2014s have a cappuccino light brownish/white color or you could get black, which was sharp to, but not exactly what I wanted.

The good news is that I was able to pay cash rather than using a credit card or financing as a coupleTubus rear rack and Ortlieb rear panniers.
of other stores wanted me to do. So, on Monday I will ride back, have the fenders installed.  On Friday, I will order a

Each week pay check through the winter, I will add another piece to the bike or an item necessary for my first bike tour which I plan on taking in the early spring of 2015; a simple overnight tour, s24o.   My first tour is in the early planning stages, but it will be an Erie Canal ride.  I will head east from Syracuse and head toward Rome.  Not sure how far I want to go or wear I will camp, but I am excited.

Well, I shall post more as I collect more items for the LHT and for touring.  Until then, I will see you on the road. 

No comments: