Wednesday, June 6, 2012

No Goat for Me

Well, although I trained for and ran the training run three times, I was unable to participate in the Mountain Goat Run with all my friends and old running mates.  I was ready too... then I had two obstacles:  one, my dad's 70th birthday and two, injuries.

As such, I have no stories of the run to tell other than letting everyone know that I will be ready for the Boilermaker and have high hopes of running without injury or pain and plan to pay close attention to all the happenings so I may share them on this site.

I have been running fewer days and slower to avoid pain and injury.  I am probably only logging about 15 to 21 miles/week.  Occasionally   I will push a long run into double digits, but I pay the price in soreness and back pain that grounds me for two or three days.  I get very anxious when I get laid up, so I must do my best to run as I feel which means slowing down or stopping when my back becomes uncomfortable (or at least slow down to reduce the impact).

I am still trying to figure out this mac.  I haven't figured out how to add pictures from the web with this computer.  However, I did finally figure out how to "right click". 

OK.  I digress.  I don't have much to say.

so I shall sign off... "see you on the road."

No comments: